Saturday 2 January 2010

If money were no object: Comedy shop

If I had to have a job, but at the same time I was fabulously wealthy and didn't need to make money from that job, I would create the world's best comedy shop. There'd be a physical comedy section for whoopee cushions, fake turds, and the like, a DVD section, split into sections like animation, stand-up, sit-com, film, etc., and a section on humorous literature. It wouldn't need to make money, because I'd live on a lottery salary (I've decided that the lottery is how I'll make my millions), and I could sell everything at cost price, so I'd effectively compete with big retailers. I'd offer my expert opinion on comedy to everyone who entered the shop, and people would come in for that, the creative atmosphere, and the canvas paintings of comedians plastered all over the wall. It would be a one-off shop, so I'd need to plan carefully where the funniest place in Britain is, where they'd most appreciate the genius of this shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment