Sunday 21 February 2010

Mr Hollow

I know a man with no strong talents or opinions, whose only transferable life skill is a well-developed sense of irony and an ability to be inhumanly sarcastic at the most inappropriate times. It is quicker to list the things he likes than those which he despises, because the former consists of nothing save himself, and the latter, for all intents and purposes, encompasses everything.

His entire being is devoted to callously destroying the dreams and ideals of those who are unfortunate enough to know him, and his caustic wit respects no boundaries of friendship or familiarity.

His life is undeservedly easy, because no one can respond to his criticism. To do that, one would need to know where his own loyalties lay, and no one does know, because he has none. He is hollow.

5 comments:

  1. No, actually. I think more of Taha than that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you look on my blog.. my literacy skills will probably make you explode with anger?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good, I was hoping it wasn't, although I display some those characteristics sadly.Who is it? do I know them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No.. I'm not sure it was just one person really anyway. Your blog has more going on. I'd forgotten about the Spring video. Pretty good.

    ReplyDelete